(Jaw) Chin implant surgery in Turkey is a surgical operation done to contour people’s chins and to reshape their jawline and side profile.
Most people have this surgical operation for aesthetic reasons. However, some need reconstruction for their face structure. During this procedure, the surgeon makes some incisions and places the chin implant into your chin or jaw bone through these incisions. This chin implant surgery provides a natural and proportioned look for the face. Chin enlargement (augmentation) surgery and chin enhancement surgery are the other names of the procedure.
Even if (jaw) chin implants can be natural bone, this type is not common. Mostly, they are flexible, artificial, silicone materials. They are in different sizes, shapes, and styles. Thus, your plastic surgeon will advise you which one is the best for your chin augmentation. During your consultation and health examination process, your surgeon will consider your aesthetic expectations and needs. Then, you can decide whether to have (Jaw) Chin Implant Surgery in Turkey.
If you have a small or saggy chin and jawline, you may consider having chin implant surgery. Also, people who have recessed chin are a good candidate for this surgery. When your chin does not stick out proportionally, it is called recessed chin. This kind of chin is not proportionate with your nose, forehead, and cheeks. People who have facial fractures or some operations because of health issues and accidents are good candidates too. They should benefit from this aesthetic surgery. Plastic surgeons may advise you to have other complementary procedures with jaw implant surgery. These complementary surgeries are:
- Facial reconstruction surgery
- Nose contouring and reshaping (Rhinoplasty)
- Chin augmentation filler
- Face lift (rhytidectomy)
- Double chin surgery
- Facial masculinization operation
However, there are some requirements to be a good candidate.
- Not having any jaw disease, very small chin or bone deformity.
- You should not smoke or should quit before and after (Jaw) Chin Implant Surgery in Turkey.
- Completed developmental age.
- Being realistic about the results.
- Having good overall health.
There are other treatments for chin augmentation besides (jaw) chin implant surgery. If you can not have chin implant surgery, you may prefer fat grafting or dermal fillers.
Chin Augmentation Fillers
Cosmetic surgeons inject medical substances like hyaluronic acid into your chin to augment its size. With this cosmetic treatment, you can also have the look that you dreamt of. In addition, they improve creases and wrinkles. However, they are not permanent like (jaw) chin implants. On the contrary, they fade away after 6 or 12 months, depending on the skin type and body structure.
Fat Grafting Into The Chin
Surgeons collect extra fat from fatty parts of the body by liposuction. They purify it before they inject it into your chin’s soft tissue. Extra fat generally is sucked from the tummy or buttocks. It is not a surgical operation. Thus, it is minimally invasive.
How to Be Ready For Chin Implant Surgery
Firstly, your plastic surgeon will examine your physical and overall health besides your medical history records. Your surgeon will tell you to stop taking any medications before your (Jaw) Chin Implant Surgery in Turkey. However, he or she will prescribe some antibiotics as a preventative health care against infections. You should not smoke before and after your surgery as well. In addition, they will take before and after photos of your side profile and chin to make comparison.
During (Jaw) Chin Implant Surgery
- Your surgeon can perform your procedure under local or general anesthesia, depending on the complexity. It will not take more than an hour.
- Surgeons largely make incisions inside the mouth. Nevertheless, your surgeon will discuss this with you before your surgery. According to your decision, incisions can be outside your mouth on your chin.
- Then, your surgeon will remove some tissue, fat and skin and place your (jaw) chin implant into your chin bone. To provide a natural look, your (jaw) chin implant will be molded according to your chin’s shape.
- Your incisions will be closed with dissolvable sutures or skin adhesives.
- You will have bandages and use an antibiotic ointment after your (Jaw) Chin Implant Surgery in Turkey.
After (Jaw) Chin Implant Surgery
Most patients go back home on the same day of the surgery. However, depending on how complicated your surgery is, your surgeon may want you to stay for one night at the hospital. Moreover, they will teach you how to look after your incisions. Finally, you should also attend follow-up appointments with your doctor.
What are The Risks?
(Jaw) Chin implant surgery carries certain risks like all other surgeries.
- Tingling and burning.
- Chin bone loss.
- If your incision scar is outside your mouth on your chin, losing hair in that area.
- Extrusion of the implant.
- Rejecting the implant.
- Nerve damage.
- Incision scars.
- Asymmetric shape because of a misadjusted implant.
- Implant shift
What are The Benefits?
- It improves your side profile, makes your jawline more hard-edge, and your face more symmetrical.
- (Jaw) Chin Implant Surgery in Turkey enhances and regains your chin’s volume loss.
What to expect?
At least for a week, you will need to have a rest. In addition, you should avert from:
- Doing strenuous exercises or activities.
- Bending over.
- Sleeping on your implant.
- Heavy duties.
- Swimming, saunas, steam rooms and hot showers.
- Drinking alcohol or smoking.
Bruises and swelling are the most common side effects of the surgeries. Also, keeping your incisions is essential not to get infected. You should follow the instructions that your doctor gave you after your surgery and use dental rinse. Statistically, most patients are pleased with their new look and the results.
Call Your Doctor If You Experience:
- High fever and chills like you got the flu.
- Pain and swelling for a long time.
- Infection signs like pus.